Sunday, December 29, 2013

Scholarship: Bianka Bubic

     In the past year, I was appointed by my sisters to be the Scholarship Chair for Alpha Phi. I was able to stress the importance of scholarship within the daily lives of my sisters as well as to emphasize the positive side of this pillar with chocolate treats and small rewards during our weekly chapter meetings. Scholarship and academics have always been something that I have held close to my heart since it relates both to my future and to my sorority’s values. Internationally, Alpha Phi is recognized by its three essential pillars and ideals: service, sisterhood, and scholarship. Over the past year, I have been able to transform the image of scholarship to my sisters and positively help our girls improve our chapter’s academic rank amongst the fellow Greek chapters on campus.

     Recently in December of 2013, I was honored by LMU Greek Life by being initiated into the Order of Omega Greek Honors Society on campus. I was recognized amongst other Greek sororities and fraternities for my academic standing and my dedication to both leadership and service within my time at Loyola Marymount. I am very excited to join an elite group of young men and women who are passionate and driven leaders within their respective Greek communities. I am also very proud to represent Alpha Phi within the Order of Omega Society as I begin my membership in the upcoming semester. In the next year, I hope that more of my sisters will join me in this amazing opportunity to promote interfraternalism and excellence in the Greek Life community on campus.

     Scholarship is an important value that all Alpha Phi members cherish and strive to maintain during their years within the collegiate atmosphere. I hope that our chapter will continue its amazing growth as the girls reach their own academic successes each semester. As the late Nelson Mandela stated so eloquently, “Education is the most powerful weapon for changing the world.” And I know, for a fact, that my sisters all have that power to make a dramatic difference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment