Monday, July 23, 2012

Sisters Abroad: Italy

"This summer I studied abroad in Rome for 5 weeks and it was the most incredible experience of my life. I lived in the town that's known as Rome's best kept secret, Trastevere. It was beautiful and there was never a dull moment in Trastevere. While in Rome, I saw all the well known sights including the Vatican, St. Peter's Basilica, the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, and the Colosseum. I was amazed at the extensive architecture and all the history behind these world famous buildings, museums, and monuments. Living in this city for five weeks allowed me to experience it as if I were a local. I discovered my favorite spot to get paninis at lunch time, my favorite place to shop, and of course my favorite gelato!

During the weekends, I traveled all around Italy as well as to Barcelona. I went to Cinque Terre (which means "The Five Lands" in Italian), Sorrento, the island of Capri, Positano, Pompei, and Florence. Italy has so many beautiful sights and amazing culture, as well as unbelievably delicious food! Barcelona was awesome as well, and it gave me a little escape from Italians. I loved the Spanish culture just as much as Italian. Studying abroad was definitely a life changing experience and I wish I could have stayed longer than 5 weeks. I definitely recommend study abroad to all of those who have the opportunity to do so. :)"

-Lisa Alexander,
 Class of 2014
 Trevi Fountain in Rome
 Highest point on the island of Capri
Top of the Duomo in Florence

No comments:

Post a Comment